Calls for Papers
Conferences and Events
- Join the 2021 International Day for Disaster Risk Reduction campaign (UNDRR): The International Day for Disaster Risk Reduction is an opportunity to acknowledge the progress being made toward reducing disaster risk and losses in lives, livelihoods and health. The 2021 edition will focus on “International cooperation for developing countries to reduce their disaster risk and disaster losses”.
- Diversity in Leadership: Job Searching Strategies Workshop, June 8, 2021, 6 to 7:30 p.m. PT, hosted by Pierce College’s Homeland Security Emergency Management Degree Program and the Center of Excellence – Homeland Security Emergency Management. The workshop will provide participants with strategies on how to approach job searching and will discuss the importance of networking and making connections in your field of interest. For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org. To register.
- Natural Hazards Workshop Poster Session abstract, Research and Practice Highlight, or a Meet the Authors submission deadline extended to June 11, 2021. Submission guidelines. Meet the Authors submission information.
- National Hurricane Conference, June 14-17, 2021, Hilton Riverside, New Orleans, LA. The primary goal of the National Hurricane Conference is to improve hurricane preparedness, response, recovery and mitigation to save lives and property in the United States and the tropical islands of the Caribbean and Pacific. This conference also serves as a national forum for federal, state and local officials to exchange ideas and recommend new policies to improve EM. Click here for more information and to register.
- Natural Hazards Engineering Research Institute (NHERI) Summer Institute at the University of Texas at San Antonio’s (UTSA) June 16-17, 2021. Registration now open for online participants. The NHERI Summer Institute is an annual forum for early-career faculty and others interested in advancing their careers in natural hazards engineering. The event is free. In-person space has been filled. Register to join online.
- Save The Date: 46th Annual Natural Hazards Workshop Virtual Event, July 11 – 14, 2021 with the Researchers Meeting to follow on July 14 and 15. The workshop brings together federal, state and local mitigation and EM officials and planning professionals; representatives of nonprofit, private sector and humanitarian organizations; hazards and disaster researchers; and others dedicated to alleviating the impacts of disasters. To register.